Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Mom wanted to write a post!

We have had it pretty easy with Kieran so far, the one thing that I thought I wouldn't have to worry about has be come my biggest worry... Feeding. I want nothing more than for Kieran to be only eating breast milk! In my head it is the healthiest choice and I want only the best for my sweet boy and formula is so damn expensive. We just bought a large can that will last us probably 2 weeks for $30! geez! I want to barf everytime I am scooping out that powder.. I am so mad that I have to spend money on this. Why won't my body produce enough milk to feed my baby! I have been struggling with this since he has been born and I just won't give up! I am trying everything I can to try to increase my milk supply and nothing seems to be working! UGH, it's soooo frustrating! 

I have been very stressed out about this, I feel like I failed even though there is nothing I can do about this situation. I KNOW that this is out of my control, however I just want to be able to control it! haha I have become obsessed with this. My sister was telling me about a friend of hers whos friend just had a baby and she was over there while her friend was pumping and the girl filled 4 bottles in ONE session.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I am lucky to get 4 drops each time I pump! haha seriously I am lucky to get just over an ounce after a 20 min pumping session.. pathetic! Brooke, Shawn, Kieran and I went to Yo Mama the other night and as we are standing in line I tell them that I have a new unrealistic goal, to be able to pump 4 bottles at once. That night I went home and dreamt about it.. you see I have turned into a nutcase about this! Obsessed I tell ya! (as I sit here drinking my mother's milk tea) 

No comments:

Post a Comment