Sunday, July 24, 2011

Once Upon a Month!

I am ONE month old already! Wow! It really feels like I just came into this crazy world!
One Month!

I am still just a little peanut! 

This was after I convinced Dad to give me just a little more food and then puked on him... My Mom and Dad said I had the look of some guy named Erkel,"Did I do thaaat"

I am finally feeling much better. After my mom and I struggling with breastfeeding we finally got it all figured out. My mom is very thankful for our Dr., she was very helpful in helping us get this figured out. After a week of me being very fussy, mom feeding me on demand, not wetting my diapers much and being very constipated my momma knew something wasn't right. First my Mom tried calling a lactation consultant and she told Mom to take me off the formula that we had been supplementing with because that was making me constipated. She also gave mom tips to her increase her milk supply. Well none of it worked and it made me super crabby! You see, I wasn't getting anything to eat! I am sure it would make you crabby too!! After a few days my mom decided to call Dr. Ward, well Dr. Ward was worried about me so my mom took me into see her. Dr. Ward confirmed what my mom already thought, that I lost weight and that she wasn't making enough milk for me. Since then My Mom and Dad are doing a really good job making sure I get enough to eat. I get a mixture of breast milk and formula and let me tell you, I am one happy happy camper!!!! Since I am such a happy boy now, Mom and Dad thought that it would be ok to take me to meet a bunch of family I hadn't met yet. On Saturday we went to meet my Great Grandma and Grandpa Heebsh and Great Aunt Nancy and after that we went to my Great Uncle Gary's 70th birthday party where there was a TON of Mom's family there. I've never seen so many people. Everybody was very excited to meet me, I almost thought the party was for me! :-) Everyone was very nice, I can't wait to see them all again!
This first month of my life has been pretty great, My Mom, Dad and I are in love! Just this weekend I started to smile a little bit at them and I make a "squeaking" noise to show my excitement! It makes my Mom and Dad laugh! Tonight I heard my them talking about starting a bedtime routine. First I'll get a bath, then I'll get fed and then we'll read books! It sounds like fun to me!!
I love bath time!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment